The Ethernet MeterBus Converter (model: EMC-1) enables IP based network and internet connectivity to any Morningstar product that features an existing MeterBus port (RJ-11)
The Ethernet MeterBus Converter (model: EMC-1) enables IP based network and internet connectivity to any Morningstar product that features an existing MeterBus port (RJ-11) including:
PWM controllers: TriStar and SunSaver Duo
MPPT controllers: TriStar MPPT, ProStar MPPT, and SunSaver MPPT
The EMC-1 is powered by connecting it to the Morningstar product’s MeterBus port and the DC input for
12, 24, or 48V systems. The MeterBus port connection enables transmission of serial data to the EMC-1. The
EMC-1 converts this connection to a fully enabled Ethernet port to allow data transfer to the internet. This
facilitates remote monitoring, configuration, and control using any type of IP based network connection. Thus,
many new powerful integration options for Morningstar products can be established in remote power systems.
Top 5 Advantages of EMC-1
1. Wide operating temperature range from -40°C to +60°C and conformal coating designed for the harshest off-grid environments.
2. Wide operating voltage range allowing a single product to be compatible with 12, 24, and 48 volt battery systems.
3. Auto-detection and configuration when connected to compatible Morningstar products.
4. Low power consumption (2W maximum).
5. Simple connectivity via an RJ-11 port.
|Nominal DC voltage||8-80VDC|
|Mounting||DIN rail or wall mount|
|IP Rating||IP 20 Indoors|
|Size (mm) WxHxD||153x86x30|
|Model Number on CEC List||N/A|